Veterans Counseling Veterans, Inc., (VCV) is a veteran-led nonprofit providing training, education, advocacy, mentorship and service (TEAMS) to veterans and their families in the mental health profession.
VCV’s guiding principle is “Taking Care of Our Own”.
While we value the contributions all individuals and groups play in supporting veterans and their families, VCV believes veterans and family members are obligated to help each other.
VCV will become a nationally recognized veteran organization providing a place for military veterans and spouses of military veterans serving in the behavioral health profession to collaborate, share and grow in the field of behavioral health; and help to bridge the gap of understanding between the civilian population and military veterans.
- Providing supervision for students and registered interns
- Connecting military veteran behavioral health professionals with veterans and family members
- Providing education and training on military culture
- Assisting federal, state and local, community based organizations, community advocacy agencies, and military personnel on military technical issues
- Advocating for military veteran counselors and military veteran spouses in the behavioral health profession
- Providing mentorship and peer-to-peer support for military veterans and spouses of military veterans in the behavioral health profession, including undergraduate and graduate students.