Veterans Counseling Veterans, Inc., (VCV) is a veteran-led nonprofit providing training, education, advocacy, mentorship and service (TEAMS) to veterans and their families in the areas of mental wellness and suicide prevention. .
While we value the contributions of all individuals and groups that play in role in supporting veterans and their families, VCV believes veterans and family members are obligated to help each other.
VCV’s guiding principle is “We don’t only sympathize, we empathize because we walked in your boots”
“Taking Care of Our Own”.
VCV will become a nationally recognized veteran organization providing a place for military veterans and spouses of military veterans serving in the behavioral health profession to collaborate, share and grow in the field of behavioral health; and help to bridge the gap of understanding between the civilian population and military veterans.
- Connecting military veteran behavioral health professionals with veterans and family members
- Providing education and training on military culture
- Assisting federal, state and local, community based organizations, community advocacy agencies, and military personnel on military technical issues
- Advocating for military veteran counselors and military veteran spouses in the behavioral health profession
- Providing mentorship and peer-to-peer support for military veterans and spouses of military veterans in the behavioral health profession, including undergraduate and graduate students.